Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanks for the Little Things

Yay! Dovetail made Eater's Ultimate NYC Thanksgiving Dining Guide



Last year, when I was cooking, Thanksgiving felt like a marathon. We prepped for days. Puréed cambros – read: vats – of mashed potatoes. Peeled hundreds upon hundreds of Brussels sprouts. Broke down, brined, and roasted more than 30 turkeys. And by the end of the night, I didn't want to see anything that resembled a bird. When I got home, close to one in the morning, Daniel and I ate Chinese takeout in the living room. We laughed, split a Stella, and enjoyed being in each others company.   


This year, the menu will be different! We're starting with corn soup with mini arancini, roasting a whole pig for pork buns, serving beautifully de-boned fish in puff pastry, and of course, stuffing a turkey.

For Daniel, I hope this makes up for the egg foo young and fried rice nightmares memories from last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment