Monday, October 17, 2011

Spreadable Porchetta

In Seattle, there's a farm-to-table restaurant called Sitka and Spruce. The decor is warm – literally from the wood-burning oven set right inside the open-air kitchen. And, in true west coast fashion, everyone there is super friendly and welcoming. The chefs cook everything in front of you – from the squid salad with chanterelles to the impeccable desserts.

The most memorable part of the meal was when our server asked, "With your bread, would you prefer butter, olive oil, or pork?" Since I've never had that option before, of course I said, "Pork!"

And, it's life-changing. 
For weeks after our trip, I raved and obsessed about the spreadable porchetta. So I ordered a Becker Lane pork belly and made some on my own. I brought it into the office for a few opinions, and I'm happy to say it was a success! The best part: Ruth Reichl wants the recipe! 

If Gilt Taste decides to run it, then I'll link the recipe here. But, otherwise, it'll be on my blog soon enough!
Photo credit: Daniel Harsadi

Photo credit: Daniel Harsadi

Photo credit: Daniel Harsadi

Photo credit: Daniel Harsadi

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome - I want the recipe! That is amazing Ruth wants the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so cooool. and daniel's photos look great haha.

    ReplyDelete